Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tok

Well we arrived in Tok, Alaska. Tok is not a big town you don't even have to blink to miss it. We are staying in the one and only hotel open in Tok there isn't any restaurants but they do have a grocery store which is where we purchased our dinner tonight. Aron is having a hungry mans dinner and I am having a lean cuisine panini thank goodness our hotel has a microwave! The road was long today we made it 400 miles and it took us 9 hours. The road was the worst it has been the blacktop freezes so much that its buckled the whole way which really throws the trailer around a lot it makes me really nervous when i see the trailer in the mirror and then i don't then it comes back again then its gone again ah! woah! it can be intense! We blew a tire today it took us one hour to change it and when I say us I mean Aron I just gave moral support and took pictures! A couple people passed by and asked if they could give us a hand which was really nice of them but my handy man Aron had it all under control. After close observation Aron came to the conclusion that it was NOT due to the long bolts he used to hold the license plate that caused the tire to blow..... I knew it was gonna be a long day when I spilled my coffee all over my lap this morning and it wasn't just a little bit I have had a full on coffee look a like pee stain all day long thats embarrassing! Our cell phones work now which is exciting but not the most exciting thing of our day.... we were pretty stoked to get out of Canada. All the gas pumps in Canada look like they came straight out of an 80's film they have the numbers that flip nothing is digital and you can't pay at the pump. The parking in Canada is a lot smaller then it is in the U.S. it may not seem like that big of a deal but when you have a truck and a car on a trailer it was a pain to try to park anywhere! But I think our biggest complaint about Canada was the coffee lids everywhere we got coffee they had those cheap plastic dixie lids the kind where you literally have to tear the plastic to open the flap to drink out of and when you do drink out of them they cut your lip who can drink out of those things?! We stopped at the Welcome to Alaska sign I made Aron promise me 3 days ago that we could stop at that sign because I knew that we would just wanna fly by and get to our destination. We are really anxious to get to Palmer we could of kept driving and made it there late tonight however we could of also kept going slid off the road and spent the night huddled up freezing.... I'm glad we decided to stop and this lean cuisine panini is a lot better then you would think I don't know if its because I'm in Tok, Alaska where they have nothing else to offer or it really is that good. We are very excited to get to our new home tomorrow and would like to thank all of you that have helped us get this far in our journey! God bless! (thanks what people say around here haha) they also say "ya know" and "sooo" and "eah" ha! Gotta love it! Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, To bad about the flat , But hey It's all part of the Journey Right. All Part of the fun, This is what you signed on for THE ADVENTURE
    When you get all settled in and start looking for wood, this guy was haveing a garage sale in Palmer and had a bunch of long poles like telephone size pine that hes just trying to clean up a lot to sell or something, Junk all over, Anyway he told me hed let you cut them up for fire wood at 50 bucks a load, Work a deal with him if you want, might be easy pickens?? He also had hard wood he said you could cut down, Anyway check it out if you want, might or might not be a good deal, His # is 907-982-6105 His names Bart I think , Love you Guys, Dad

    ReplyDelete