Tuesday, November 17, 2009

UPDATE!

So everybody says Alaska is cold but Alaska is not cold its down right freeze your ass off, don't breath because it hurts, pray your car starts at least one more time. We thought it would be cool to get a outside thermometer so we could see the temp but its completely useless because it only goes to negative 20 and it stays there for most of the day! But were getting use to the cold and still loving Alaska! We both got a job which is SO exciting because now we at least we know were gonna make it......for now....... barelly haha I am working at sports authority in the tech shop and I sell snowboards and ski's and Aron is working at sportsmans warehouse. He starts tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about him working with the public because he can't even walk through a department store with out feeling like he needs to break something because of all the people haha hopefully he will land a biologist job soon :) So we just found out that when you move to Alaska and you get a job you only have ten days to get a Alaska drivers license and supposedly the test is really hard. We called and got a quote for our car insurance and its going to go up 30 bucks a month! 30 bucks! It doesn't sound like a lot of money but that is two jumbo size bags of M&M's and we all know how Ar needs his M&M's. We are really looking forward to the holidays I came home from work last night and Ar had christmas music on and candles lit our cabin is so cozy we love it! We are planning on having Thanksgiving with our landlords/neighbors/new friends. Aron is outside right now installing plug ins on our vehicles because seriously if we don't plug them in they aren't gonna start. Its only November and its already this cold we can't even imagine what the dead of winter is going to be like but we are really excited to get out and play in it!

2 comments:

  1. Kenz - Have I told you lately that I love your blog? Because I do. I am loving that you guys just up and moved to Alaska. Very brave and very cool. Keep the updates coming!

    Oh congrats on the new jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So its a little cold big deal... lol. Now, Kenzie, you can put your 20 some hoodies Aron says you have to good use lol. I'm sure this winter will be awesome and I'm glad you both found jobs and things are going good. I checked on plane tickets to fly out by your guys over the holidays but I dont see me having an extra $800 anytime soon, so thats put on hold. But it will happen sooner or later... Until then take care, have fun and I'll talk to you guys later

    ReplyDelete