Friday, January 29, 2010

Alaska Move Take Two...
















We have departed from the wonder winter land of Willow and have come to shore in rainy Juneau. It is 37 degrees here in Juneau and very humid. It feels like we are on a different continent its hard to believe we are in the same state. We started our move on the 27th, we drove to Haines where we stayed in an old but clean motel. We ate at a restaurant right on the water okay thats not exactly true we walked to the restaurant Aron went inside and got a menu and I stayed outside with the dog because heaven for bid Hatch has to stay by himself for ten minutes haha so we got take out Fish and Chips and holy comoley it was so freaking good! Hatch did really good on the drive. Aron made a little spot for him in the back seat of my car in the middle and he loves it but he has a hard time sitting by himself. He always has to be touching me. Sometimes its his paw on my head or his head on my shoulder. We got on the ferry this morning which was pretty interesting its amazing how many vehicles they can put on the boat. I had a really hard time leaving Hatch in the car. You have to leave your pets on the car deck and you aren't allowed to go on the car deck when the boat is going which is a really stupid rule if you ask me but Hatch did really good and I felt so bad for having to make him stay down there so on the ferry they had little packets of peanut butter so I took some and gave them to him. The ferry was pretty good sized there was a cafeteria, a solarium, a little theater room, and an observatory. Aron is constantly talking about his dad and how he can build just about anything and when we got on the main deck Aron looked at me and said "my dad helped built this boat" and of course I was like okay right sure he did but then he showed me this builders plack and sure enough the damn boat was built right in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin apparently PBI built two ferry's what were the chances of us getting on one of them I couldn't believe it actually I could because if there is anyone I know who could build that big of a ship it would be my father in law so Aron called him and apparently he was 19 years old and put in the windows. So we thought that was pretty cool. We will be in Juneau until Sunday and then we are off to our new home in Hoonah. Aron has to go down to the cop shop tomorrow to fill out a bunch of paper work and then I have no idea whats on the agenda we are staying at a really nice hotel its hard to believe they allow pets here but apparently they do and I am terrified that Hatch is going to break something but so far every hotel has had two queen size beds and we secretly lay out his blanket on the other bed and let him sleep on it haha it is so freaking cute he sprawls out with his legs stretched out fully and he snores and we just think it is the funniest thing so before you sleep on your next hotel bed just think of how many dogs have slept on it as well haha until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment